- Taking care of all general household duties, such as cleaning, vacuuming, dusting etc.
- Polishing silver, brass
- Flower arrangement
- Organising wardrobes, shelves, cupboards
- Laundry, ironing from shirts to bed sheets
- Dealing with contractors
- Taking messages
- Helping at dinner parties
- Cooking or preparing food
- Occasional childcare.
Housekeepers expect to be paid at least GBP350-450 a week for a full time Live-in Position. For Live-out this rises to GBP400-500.
For part time live-out, expect to pay about £9-10 per hour.
Full time Housekeepers work usually from 9am till 6pm. However, this is flexible according to the requirements of the position. Some Housekeepers are happy to work during the weekend, perhaps half or whole of Saturday in exchange for a day off during the week.