DIY insulation is a great option for those who understand and learn quickly about it. With talented people everywhere, many homeowners sometimes prefer to insulate their homes with DIY. Now before you start heading over the internet to learn about DIY insulation, these are a few pros and cons you should know about it.
DIY Insulation and its Advantages –
- One of the easiest types of getting insulation done is for the fiberglass batts. Thanks to being budget-friendly, it is easier to install in places such as the attic, small spaces, and rim joists by DIY.
- Cellulose insulation is another great way to install via DIY. A machine is required for this work though which can be either purchased or bought on a rental basis.
- The installation of foam boards are also easy. However, it is on the expensive side.
- The biggest advantage of all for DIY insulation is that you get to save money.
DIY Insulation and its Disadvantages –
- You are in for some serious health issues if you inhale fiberglass during the time of mishandling.
- When it comes to cellulose blowing machines, you are bound to spread the material everywhere without any experience. This results in spending extra on buying new materials along with wasting more time on cleaning the work area.
- Although you will be saving a lot, DIY insulation work is usually time-consuming. Therefore, it is best to hire a professional to get the job done with ease even though you are going to spend a little extra.
Building insulation blanket should only be installed by a professional and not DIY.